Currently serving as Program Manager at LiquidPlanner, a SaaS Project Management software start up. I wear the Product Manager hat to spec features that I’d want as a Project Manager. It almost feels like cheating.
Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Agile Project Management methodologies
- Traditional/Waterfall Project Management
- Lots and lots of PM software / scheduling tools
- Not being terrible
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelors of Arts in IAS: Psychology, University of Washington, 2004
- Certified Scrum Master, Scrum Alliance, 2011
- Certified Project Manager, PMLG, Inc., 2009
Program Manager, LiquidPlanner, Inc., Seattle, WA — 2013 – Present
- Disrupting the Project Management industry with programatic solutions
- Enforcer for CEO at networking events
- Geek blogger
Director of Delivery, FNX Studios, Inc., Bellevue, WA — 2012
- Engaged in in-depth interaction with clients, development teams, and company executives on a day-to-day basis to ensure the overall quality of work that FNX Studios delivered exceeded expectations.
- Served as Project Manager / Scrum Master for client projects, including development of iOS games, web based applications, and UI refreshes.
- Provided hands-on Agile/Scrum training to clients during projects.
- Contributed to the project management thought space with articles on PM philosophy, principles, and techniques.
Program Manager, Isilon Systems Inc., Seattle, WA — 2011 – 2012
- Managed multiple customer-facing projects through the software development lifecycle—project plans, delivery objectives, and schedules.
- Implemented rules of engagement and bug triages across multiple departments for security / hardening initiatives.
- Instrumental in testing and implementing MS Project 2010 server installation.
Project Manager, Applied Discovery Inc., Bellevue, WA — 2006 – 2011
- Responsible for managing the design, development, testing, and release phases of the company’s flagship software product.
- Managed multiple long term internal and customer-facing software development projects and deployment of major software releases in parallel.
- Oversaw the certification testing environment for all company projects.
- Integral to the founding and success of the company’s Project Management Office (PMO).
- Developed company methodologies for agile style Project Management.
- Assisted the Product Management team with Business Analyst tasks via robust global knowledge of products.
- Provided leadership and mentoring to other Project Managers.
- Created and implemented company’s User Acceptance Testing procedures.